January is finally over. So, I am looking forward to a better weather and some sunny days in the coming months. I loved winters in India as there was some respite from the heat and scorching sun. But, here I dread them as they are so cold and chilly. Cold, chilly and windy is a dreadful combination. So, with the end of January, I hope there will be some cheerful and bright days. Today, I am sharing a recipe of soup from my drafts. Its again a small variation to the normal tomato soup and it is quite filling - a one bowl meal! Before the recipe I have something else to share. Guess What? Some awards and some secrets!
Jagruti of "Joy of Cooking" shared these awards with me. I am very happy and excited about it. Thanks Jagruti for remembering me. Its definately my lucky day!
The Kreative Blogger award comes with some rules which are as follows:
1) Thank the person giving the award.
2) Copy the award to your blog.
3) Place a link to their blog.
4) Name 7 things people don't know about you.
5) Nominate 7 bloggers.
6) Place a link to those bloggers.
7) Leave a comment letting those bloggers know about the award.
Here are 7 things about me:
- I love reading. Library for me is the most peaceful place.
- I was born in Rajasthan, brought up in Assam and my husband is from Kolkata, WB. So, I belong to 3 states.
- I can't stand the smell of garlic and avoid it in my cooking.
- I had never cooked before marriage.
- Cooking was a neccesity when I began, its a hobby now.
- I love cooking more that eating.
- I love tomatoes.
I would like to share it with Neha, Athika, Archy, Jyoti, Ramya, Padma and Jayashri. Please accept these awards.
To celebrate these awards, here is a "Chatpata" Soup. Here is the recipe for "Tomato Noodles Soup". I have only added bell peppers and carrots in this soup, but one can add any vegetable of their choice.
This recipe serves 4 people.
8 medium tomatoes.
3 cup water.
1 tsp black pepper powder.
2 tbsp sugar.
1 tsp salt (or to taste).
100 gm noodles.
1 tsp oil.
1 tbsp butter.
½ cup finely chopped bell pepper.
1 carrot chopped finely.
2 tbsp tomato ketchup.
Boil the tomato in water and make a puree of it. Boil the noodles. While boiling them add 1 tsp of oil to the water. This will help the noodles to become smooth and not get tangled. Heat a pan and add butter. When heated add bell peppers and carrot sauté for 3-4 minutes so that they are a bit tender .Then add the tomato puree and stir nicely. Add pepper powder, sugar, salt and mix. Add the tomato ketchup and heat for 5-10 minutes. Add the boiled noodles and stir. Checks if the consistency of the soup is too thick add a little more water to get the desired consistency. Turn off the gas and take the pan off the gas. Transfer in a soup bowl.