Weather is real bad here with snow and the mercury level not budging at all. I feel like staying at home all the time sunk inside my cosy blanket. What can be better than having a cup hot tea in such weather! Can I hear a lot of Yeahs!!
To tell you the truth, I am not a tea addict like my hubby (he cannot say no to a cup of tea). I do have a cup of it everyday in the morning (I have developed this habit after coming to this cold country). But on bad cold days, I can go for another cup. Flavours and sweetness of tea vary accoring to a person's taste. I love it sweet with spices. I am sharing this one which has ginger and cardamom flavours. Its simply iressistable on a cold day.
Here is what you will need:
Slightly more than 1 cup water.
1 cup low fat milk.
2 tea bags (I use Tetley Extra Strong)
1 cardamom pod.
1'' ginger peice.
Sugar to taste.
For 2 cups.
- In a saucepan boil water. Pound ginger and cardamom pod in pestle and mortar.
- Add it to the boiling water along with tea bags. The flavours will be infused into the boiling water.
- Now add milk to it and keep the heat on a medium. Let it boil for 2 minutes. The colour should come out nice.
- Add sugar to taste ( I add 2 tsp per cup) and boil again on a medium for 2 minutes.
- Strain and pour into your cup.
Enjoy with biscuits of your choice. If you are feeling more indulgent have it with pakoras. It is a deadly combination!