I have tried these pancakes from Tarla Dalal's Book, I mentioned here. I loved them immensely. They can be prepared in no time and are perfect for breakfast. And the icing on th cake is- they are very healthy too!
Spiced Wholemeal and Oats Pancakes:
1 cup whole wheat flour
¼ cup quick rolled oats.
a good pinch of nutmeg powder.
a good pinch of cardamom powder
¼ tsp cinnamon powder.
2 tbsp powdered sugar.
1 tsp oil.
½ cup low fat milk.
½ tsp Eno’s fruit salt.
a pinch of salt.
3 tbsp oil for cooking.
Honey for serving.
8 orange slices.
- Combine all the ingredients except fruit salt in a bowl with enough water to form a smooth batter.
- Heat the pan and grease it with a little oil. Add the fruit salt in the batter and whisk it to mix well.
- Pour spoonful of the batter on the pan to make 3 inch diameter pancake. Cook it till bubbles appears on the surface. Flip it and cook on the other side till light golden.
- Repeat the process to make total 8 pancakes.
- Serve hot with honey and orange segments.
Sending this off to Priya's Event- Cooking with whole food-Oats. This event is the brain child of Kiran.
One last peek before you go!
Enjoy! Have a lovely weekend!