Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Aaloo Palak

There are certain vegetables, I am not really very fond of but, still they find a regular place in my menu. Thats because they are very essential for a healthy vegetarian diet. One such veggie is 'Spinach'. I feel as if it leaves a bitter after taste in my mouth and this is why I always combine it with one of my favourite things. I also add a little sugar which is obviously optional. It results in things like these. This time I am combining it with potato, which is an all favourite with me and with many people I know. So, this combo works great. Have a look!

Aaloo Palak:

Ingredients:

5-6 baby potatoes, boiled peeled and chopped into chunks.
2 cup baby spinach washed and chopped finely.
1 tbsp oil.
1 tsp cumin seeds.
Few strands on ginger.
1 green chilli, seeded and chopped.
¼ cup chopped onion.
¼ tsp turmeric powder.
½ tsp red chilli powder.
1 heaped tsp coriander powder.
½ tsp garam masala
1 tsp lemon juice.
½ tsp sugar or crushed jaggery(optional).
Chopped coriander leaves to garnish.

Process:

1. Heat a pan and add oil. When heated add the cumin seeds, chili and ginger.

2. After a few seconds add the chopped onions and sauté for a minute till the onions are translucent.

3. Add the chopped potatoes and stir. Add all the spices and salt except garam masala. Cook for 5 minutes.

4. Now add the chopped spinach and give it a good stir. Cover the pan for 3-4 minutes and keep the gas on medium.

5. Now, add garam masala, lemon juice and sugar/jaggery if using. Give it a good stir and cook for a minute. Turn off the gas and cover the pan for 5 minutes.

6. Transfer the subji in a serving bowl, garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with roti/ chappati.


Sending this off to Sara's Event Only Green. This event is the brain child of Pari.
Enjoy!

15 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Looks nice and combining spinach and aloo is a great option. I am guessing the ginger would also be good in this recipe.

    Shobha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very healthy.....looks tasty too....

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, I am drooling over it. the green color is too tempting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woww wat a tempting aloo palak, can have with anything..yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very tempting recipe..thanks for sharing ..
    Tasty appetite

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely click,love the combo too and it looks very delicious and healthy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love palak and loved this aloo palak too :-) So healthy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ever made alu palak but this looks yum.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so healthy and yum will try this out soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I would appreciate if you leave some comments and suggestions. Thank You!

You make also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails