Before starting off with today's recipe, I want to share an undesirable incident that has happened with me, with you guys. Recently, I got a comment on my Eggless Black Forest Cake by 'Washpota'(I cannot access the profile) saying that he/she has seen the exact recipe on Manorama Online and even quoted the links which are this and this. The site is in a language I don't know and I am taken aback by the fact that someone( M Vaheeda Rahaman) copied my content word for word and even the picture. Can anyone guide me how can I contact Manorama Online. Any help will be highly appreciated.
Now lets check what I have today to share with you all!
I came across this recipe at Nithya's Blog and tried them immediately. They were finished so soon that I did not even get the chance to photo shoot them.. :-)! So, I decided to make them again for the event 'Lets Celebrate Sweets- Chocolate' hosted here. This event series is the brain child of Nivedita.
Also to remind you, another event 'Winter Warmers' is being hosted here till 30th Jan 2011. So, rush in you entries!
Now coming back to the recipe, it is very simple and doesnot call for any fancy ingredients. I have used half of the measurement given by Nithya and got 15 balls. Only addition I did was to add the nuts and coat them in dessicated coconut. Lets give it a look!
2 tbsp cocoa powder.
100 gm milk powder.
1/2 cup sugar.
1/4 cup water.
2 tbsp butter.
1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts.
1/4 tsp vanilla Essence.
Dessicated coconut to coat.
1. In a saucepan heat water and add sugar. Boil it till it reaches 1 string consistency.
2. Remove from heat and add butter.
3. Once it melts add the other ingredients and mix well to form a sticky dough.
4. Let it cool for sometime. Then with greased hands roll them into small balls.
5. Roll them into dessicated coconut and place them in a small tray.
6. Refrigerate for a while it gets firmer. They are ready to eat.
Here is one for you!
Enjoy! Have a lovely weekend!