Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tom-Veg Soup

Finally, I am back from India. Actually, I was around 2 weeks back and now I am 'kind of settled' after my - 'sort of' long holiday break! Also, finally I am back to blogging :-)..Needless to say I had a lovely time back home with family and friends. As it happens after coming back from India, there is a straight 20 degree change in temperature. The mornings and evenings have already started to be really cold here and what I need at these times is a piping hot soup to keep me warm and going! So, yes I am here with a hearty and healthy soup. And obviously, it has my favourite ingredient-'Tomato' and hence the name- Tom-Veg Soup!

Tom-Veg Soup:

A piping hot and filling soup for cold days.

Ingredients:

For 2 people:

2 large tomatoes
¼ cup finely shredded cabbage.
¼ cup grated carrots.
¼ cup chopped spring onions.
2 tbsp green beans chopped.
1 small onion finely chopped.
1 small tomato chopped.
Handful of coriander leaves chopped.
1 bay leaf.
1 tbsp sugar or less.
Salt to taste.
Freshly ground pepper to taste.
1 tsp corn flour.
1 tbsp tomato ketchup.
1 tsp oil.

Process:

Cut the tomatoes into chunks and boil in 1½ cup water and microwave it for 3 minutes on a high. Blend them and strain. Heat oil in a pan and add the bay leaf. Sauté and add the onion. After a minute add the beans and sauté for another minute. Add shredded cabbage and carrot and heat for 2 minutes. Now add the tomato puree and heat for 3-4 minutes. Mix the corn flour in a little water and add to the boiling soup mixture. Give it a good stir. Add tomato ketchup, salt, sugar, pepper, chopped spring onion, chopped tomato and coriander leaves. Give it a boil and then lower the heat. Cover the pan and heat for another 5 minutes.

Serve hot with your choice of bread but I had it by itself.


Happy Blogging! Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. A delicious bowl of Soup! Perfect for the cold weather :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jyoti
    welcome back...I know here already putting heating on..soup looks so inviting right now..

    healthy and hearty !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hearty and simply delicious soup.Looks wonderfully tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The soup is very yummy and nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely soup,and adv wishes for diwali jothi,,enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yu must have had lot of fun....the tomato-veg soup looks yummy and is new to me....would definitely like to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jyoti,

    Welcome back...The soup looks very inviting dear...Happy Diwali wishes to you!!:)

    Dr.Sameena@

    http://www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a delicious soup..

    Wishing you and your family a very happy Diwali Jyoti..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I would appreciate if you leave some comments and suggestions. Thank You!

You make also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails