Basmati rice cooked in cumin seeds and ghee for a mouth watering flavour. It goes well with any curry.
This recipe serves 4 people.
150 gm basmati rice.
2 tsp cumin seeds
2 green chilies chopped finely
½ tsp of grated ginger.
2 tbsp ghee.
Salt to taste.
1. Soak the rice in water for half an hour. Boil rice. Put 1 tsp of ghee in the boiling water while cooking the rice. This will prevent the rice from splitting and will give a nice aroma.
2. Once the rice is boiled drain the water and keep the rice for 15 mins so that it cools down.
3. Now in a frying pan heat the 1 tbsp ghee. Add the cumin seeds and it should start bursting from the heat. Add the chopped chilies, grated ginger, cloves and bay leaves.
4. Add rice and fold the cumin seeds in it. Mix it nicely. Add salt to taste. Cook for 2-3 mins.
5. Transfer in a serving bowl. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.