Bananas are one of my favourite ingredients when it comes to making smoothies. Most of the time when the bananas are very ripe I blend them into smoothies. This breakfast frappe is one of my favourite as it has the right amount of caffeine, that keep me awake and alert, first thing in the morning.This glass of smoothie is packed with vitamin, nutirents and fibre and is ideal for a filling breakfast and hence its name- 'Breakfast Frappe'.
Some nice facts about bananas, I read in a book recently:-
- Bananas contains tryptophan, which is believed to improve mood.
- Studies show that bananas help to relieve heartburn.
- Its potassium rich, so next time you have a cramp, eat a banana.
- Banana plant is not a tree, it is the world's largest herb! The word banana is derived from the Arabic word for finger.
- Rubbing the inside of a banana skin on a mosquito bite reduces swelling and irritation.
Now coming to the recipe:-
For 2 glasses:
1 large banana, fully ripe.
1 tbsp sugar or to taste.
1/2-3/4 tsp instant coffee powder.
2 scoop of vanilla icecream ( Optional).
4 ice cubes.( Optional)
400ml low fat milk.
Add peeled and roughly chopped bananas to the blender follwed by milk , sugar, ice cubes, coffee powder and whiz till nicely blended and frothy. If you are feeling more indulgent add vanilla icecream while blending or serve it with a scoop of icecream.
Isn't is something worth setting your alarm for! Enjoy!