Soups are the most comforting food for winter and I have been making a lot of them this winter. Here is one, I tried recently. I had found this one in a microwave booklet with recipes from Tarla Dalal at my mom's place. I vaguely remembered the combination and created this one. It is quite filling and I loved the flavour of basil in the soup.
Sending it to Divya's Show me you Soup and to my event 'Winter Warmers'
Corn Fussili n Basil Soup
2 large tomatoes.
1 cup sweet corn + 2 tbsp extra.
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 tsp oil
3/4 cup fussili pasta, boiled
4-5 basil leaves, chopped
salt and pepper to taste.
1 tsp sugar (optional)
1 tsp corn flour mixed with 2 tsp of water.
Grated cheddar cheese for garnishing.
1. Boil the tomatoes and make a puree of it. Boil 1 cup sweetcorn in 1 cup water and churn it in a mixture. Strain it and discard the waste.
2. Heat a pan and add oil. When heated add the onions and saute till translucent.
3. Add the tomato puree and heat for 30 seconds. Then add the sweetcorn mixture and stir well.
4. To it add the cornflour mixture and stir well. The soup will thicken. Add water to adjust the consistency.
5. Add the remaining sweetcorn, basil leaves, boiled pasta,sugar, salt and pepper. Give it a nice stir and boil on a medium for 5-7 minutes.
6. Garnish it with grated cheddar and serve hot.
This is my 4th entry to my event -Winter Warmers. Others were C3 Soup, Carrot Halva(Microwave) and Chocolate Cake with Fudge Icing. Along with these I would like to submit these four recipes for my event-
Hurry in your entries. Event ends 30th Jan 2011.